KateBond

Crown of Midnight
Sarah J. Maas
The Bitter Kingdom
Rae Carson

Biting Cold (Chicagoland Vampires Series #6)

Biting Cold (Chicagoland Vampires Series #6) - While the author has some annoying habits--like over-explaining (she defines "hospitality rider" and specifies that "Double double, toil and trouble" comes from "Shakespeare's Macbeth"), using words repeatedly ("...when the former tenants vacated. It's a former ceramics factory...they use it to form and fire bricks and tile out here."), and not making any sense at all ("I'm not sure I'm possible of infuriating you, Sentinel.")--these books are fun, and a lot of the issues I had with previous installments were rectified in this, the sixth novel of the series. I'm not sure why they don't make a regular habit of checking in with the librarian when they're confused, btw--he has an answer every time they ask him for help, and he seems to know absolutely everything, so why not fully utilize that source? Especially after HE has pointed out what I just said and everyone agreed with him. And I'd like there to be more Jonah. My hope is that the plot of the next book will necessitate his involvement because of the Red Guard stuff. Speaking of--is this an open-ended series? I don't need many more of these books, but I'm a completist and will continue to read them long after they stop being good. I hope there's a planned ending point.