KateBond

Crown of Midnight
Sarah J. Maas
The Bitter Kingdom
Rae Carson
The Twelve Clues of Christmas (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #6) - Rhys Bowen I cannot say enough about the quality of this series in audiobook form. Katherine Kellgren does a brilliant job of voicing an enormous range of characters, and each character has a different weird accent, be it Irish, French, Scottish, English, Australian, Russian... and she does it all just flawlessly. And her male voices, especially that of Darcy O'Mara, the series's romantic hero, are especially good. Normally when a woman voices a dude's voice, particularly if he's supposed to be a hot dude, I cringe a bit with empathic humiliation. Not the case here.The ensemble of characters is the reason I keep coming back to this series time and again (the mysteries tend to be dumb and obvious). There are homosexual characters, there are women who sleep around but aren't shamed for it, there are people of all social classes, and each is treated with respect--and Georgie, the narrator, manages to be both a wide-eyed innocent AND non-judgmental. Simultaneously.Really, really lovely. I cannot recommend this series of audiobooks highly enough.(I cannot speak to the quality of the actual books themselves, as my opinion is completely tied to Kellgren's readings.)